*This post contains affiliate links meaning I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. I only recommend products I know and love. To see my full disclosure, click here.
A huge part of the fashion world is trends. There’s no denying it.
And ethical fashion is, well, the opposite really. The basis is built on buying long lasting, versatile pieces. Not trend driven.
That being said, I’m going to be very honest with you: Ethical fashion can be boring. There, I said it! While we want to support the slow fashion industry it can feel a little frustrating, almost like being put into a box.
It can be especially hard when super fun and beautiful trends come out each year. But I’m here to tell you there is a way to ride some of your favorite trends while still keeping it ethical.
I’ve gathered up some of 2019’s most promising trends and found their ethical versions to share with you. So you can rock the trends and still feel good about your purchase.
2019 Fashion Trends: Ethical Edition
(I claim none of the pictures in this post as my own. All credit is given to the rightful owners)
1. Snake skin heels – Snakeskin print is all over the fashion world as of late. But it’s safe to say that snakeskin print shoes are definitely having their moment in the spotlight.
Shop these amazing snake skin heels from livefashionABLE. Made ethically and sustainbly.
2. Chunky sneakers– Another shoe that is having a moment is chunky dad sneakers. Not only are they super comfortable but they go with everything! From jeans to dresses, you name it!
Instead of reaching for some nikes or adidas, pick up these super cute sneakers from Veja!
3. Denim Jumpsuit – Does it look like workwear? Maybe. Is it fashionable? The world sure thinks so. This is definitely a selective trend but a HUGE trend nonetheless.
You could be rocking your very own by picking yourself up on from Reformation!
4.Cut out swim suit – Remember when you wouldn’t be caught dead in a one piece? Me too. Well it’s time to get over our middle school trauma and jump back on the one piece swimsuit gang. Or better yet, one pieces that look like two pieces?
Cut out swim suits are in! And they’re oh so classy, like this one piece from Reformation.
5. Woven Bag – They were in last year and they’re even more in now! Was that even a proper sentence? Ah, you get what I mean! This trend is not going anywhere. Whether you’re off to brunch or the farmers market, a woven bag is the absolute perfect accessory!
You can pick up your new favorite purse right here from 31Bits!
6. Puffer Jacket – The puffier the better! Being cold is not fashionable anymore. It’s time to bundle up in the most fashionable way possible.
You can pick up this super trendy and warm one from Everlane! Ps. It’s made from recycled water bottles!
7. Leopard print – Leopard print anything! But I’ve been noticing more and more the bold print becoming more than just an accent and more of a focal point of an outfit. Like Pants and skirts.
Make a HUGE statement with these leopard print pants from Reformation. You’re sure to have every eye in the room on you.
And there you have it! My top picks for 2019’s biggest fashion trends and their ethical versions! Which style would you love to rock? let me know in the comments below!
As always, don’t forget to pin this post and follow me on Instagram for daily inspiration!