*UPDATE: This is one of my most popular posts! So thank you! Since writing this post, I have started exclusively using cruelty-free makeup. So I figured I would update this post with the absolute best cruelty-free drugstore makeup! Enjoy!
Anyone who knows me knows I don’t like spending a lot of money on one single item. Especially when it comes to makeup. The drugstore is the only place I like to shop. Granted, I do have a few high end products but lets be real, you can’t beat drugstore makeup prices.
*This post contains affiliate links meaning if you make a purchase using one of these links I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you! To see my full disclosure, click here.
So here are my absolute favorite drugstore makeup items I’ve been obsessing over lately.
1.Pacifica “crystal Blur” illuminating foundation – Not only is this product cruelty free but it’s also chemical free! This foundation is usually more than I like to spend on a foundation but guys, it is worth every. Single. Penny. This stuff has amazing coverage but is still so breathable. I love that this bottle has a pump because why have foundation without one? I just can’t say enough good things about this product. Just remember, a little goes a long way. Which is good because you really get your money’s worth.
2. ELF “Mad for matt” eye shadow pallet – This eye shadow pallet is the bee’s knees. One of the most affordable pallet’s I have ever purchased but don’t let the price tag fool you, it’s an amazing product. The pigmentation is stunning, rich and oh, so creamy. This is my go-to product for an everyday eye shadow look.
3. Essence “get Big lashes!” mascara -The brush is what makes this mascara one of the best. It’s big with wide bristles that really grab onto every lash and lift and fan them out. This stuff is the nest best thing to false lashes.
Related: The best of essence cosmetics
4. Milani “Stay put brow colour” – Hands down the BEST brow product I have ever used. I have found that potted brow products work so much better for me than pencils. This stuff is highly pigmented and creamy to give build-able coverage.
5. Wet n Wild color icon blush in “Apri-cot in the middle” – Yes, yes, YES! I cannot say enough good things about this blush. This shade in particular. It’s pigmented, but not too pigmented and looks so natural on the cheeks with just the right amount of shimmer. This shade also gives off the perfect summer glow. *drools*
6. Elf baked highlighter in “moonlight pearls” – If you’re looking for a dramatic highlight, this isn’t it. But that’s ok! It’s great actually! I don’t like blinding people on a regular basis, so this highlight is everything I’m looking for. It has really good pigment for an everyday, all natural glow.
Related: The best of elf cosmetics
7. Physicians Formula “butter bronzer” – So, I finally gave in and bought the drugstore bronzer literally EVERYONE raves about. Truth be told, I only bought it because it was on sale. $20 seems a little pricey for the drugstore. But anyway. I’ve never been a fan of bronzer or contouring because I’m so flipping pale but not only is the formula of this product absolutely amazing and creamy and oh so blendable, but it goes with my skin tone really well. So I guess it’s safe to say I will be repurchasing this bronzer again in the future.
8. NYX “powder puff” lippie – Lipstick has and always will be my first love when it comes to makeup so I’m very picky when trying new ones out. But this one is by far the best lippie I have ever tried. I wore this lipstick for a whole day in 32 degrees Celsius heat. (For non-Canadian’s that is VERY hot) And it didn’t budge. Didn’t melt, I was sweating buckets but my lipstick didn’t budge. Which is crazy! Crazy good.
Related: Tried and true liquid lipsticks!
And that concludes my list of everything I’ve been wearing on my face recently. Leave a comment down below telling me some of your favorite drugstore makeup products, I’d love to hear about them!
Also, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to stay connected!
Other posts you might like: