I get overwhelmed very easily these days. I get so busy that the mess in my house piles and piles up. Then the mess in my house causes overwhelm and the cycle starts all over again.
In an effort to reduce the stress and overwhelm that a messy house causes me, I’ve created a little daily cleaning routine to help minimize it.
Watch my daily cleaning routine below:
Here is what I do daily. Depending on how many dishes there are, this whole routine can take me under an hour.
1. The bedroom:
I always start in the bedroom so I can have a clean slate when I gt to bed.
- Make the bed
- Clean up the nightstands, bring any cups or dishes to the kitchen, tidy things up a little
- Pick clothes up off the floor and put them away
2. The bathroom:
- Put things back where they belong
- Organize the counter
- Wipe down the counter
- Sweep if needed
3. The kitchen:
- Unload and load the dishwasher
- Run the dishwasher if needed
- Do dishes by hand
- Wipe down the counters and stove
4. The living room:
- Put away things that don’t belong in the living room like clothes
- Straighten up the coffee table, put away dishes
- Sweep, if needed
The big cleaning stuff like cleaning the toilets, shower, laundry, etc, gets done on the weekends. But maintaining these rooms throughout the week prevents things from piling up and me getting overwhelmed.
Thank you for watching! Don’t forget to share this post and follow me on Instagram for more inspo!