Contrary to popular belief, dandelions aren’t actually weeds. They’re a perennial! Yes, they’re technically an invasive species because when they turn white and fluffy the wind spreads their seeds everywhere. Maybe this is why everyone seems in such a rush to kill them. But dandelions are such amazing herbs that you can eat and use for their medicinal properties! This DIY dandelion salve is great for dry, itchy, and chapped skin. It even doubles as a lip balm!
DIY Dandelion Salve:
*This post contains affiliate links meaning I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase using these links. See our full disclosure, here.
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup un-sprayed dandelion heads
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup beeswax
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 15 drop essential oil of choice
How to make the salve:
- Rinse and dry your dandelions
- After they’re dried, place them in a pot with the oil and bring to a boil
- Reduce to a simmer and let sit for about 30 minutes to an hour
- After, strain the dandelions from the oil and return the oil to low heat
- Stir in your beeswax, coconut oil, and essential oils until melted and combined
- Pour into containers and let solidify
This DIY dandelion salve is your new powerhouse for dry, itchy, or irritated skin. It soothes and heals cracks with ease!
Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Please don’t forget to share this post and follow me on Instagram for daily low waste living tips!