Golden Milk, or turmeric milk has been floating around the internet lately. So what’s all the hype?
First of all, dumping spices into some milk does not sound too appealing. I’ll be the first to admit it. The idea did not excite me.
But I began to dive deep into why everyone was loving it so much and the benefits are actually incredible.
Benefits of Golden Milk:
(Via healthline.com +naturespath.com)
- Improves memory
- relieves arthritis pain and inflammation
- Improves blood pressure
- reduces LDL cholesterol
- Can protect against heart disease
- can lower blood sugar levels
- boosts immunity
- Improves Digestion
So how does one make golden milk? I’m so glad you asked! Allow me to tell you.
Golden Milk Recipe
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of ginger
- 1 quarter teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Pinch of black pepper (Do not omit this. The pepper helps activate the most important component in the turmeric which makes this drink so powerful. Don’t worry, you won’t even taste it.)
- Start by combining all the ingredients. You can mix it together in a magic bullet like I am, a blender or with a whisk.
- Mix it up real good. If you are are using a whisk make sure to be extra thorough as to not leave any clumps behind. The last thing you want to do is take a big sip of spice.
- After that, all you have to do is simply pour over ice!
And voila! You’ve got an amazing healthy and refreshing drink! If the spices are a little too much for you, try cutting the measurements in half. It will still have the same effect.
This golden milk recipe tastes good hot or cold and can be made in batches for quick consumption!
Don’t forget to pin this post and follow me on Instagram for daily inspiration!