Lately I’ve been noticing a disconnect in the world. People seem lost, easily agitated and out of focus. Myself included. I think what it comes down to is a lack of understanding ourselves. Forgetting to put ourselves first, take care of us, do things we love and have fun.
We’ve lost that intimate connection with ourselves. Which is why I’m so excited to be writing this post and hopefully it’ll help you learn how to reconnect with yourself.
How to reconnect with yourself:
1. Start asking yourself personal questions – It’s time to get to know yourself all over again. get re-aligned with what you love and what you want. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- What makes me the happiest in life right now?
- What am I the most proud of?
- If I could change one thing about my life, right now, what would it be? And what would my life look like?
- Where do I see myself in 5 years?
- What am I most grateful for right now?
- What do I enjoy the most right now?
Grab a journal and take some time, some actual time to figure these questions out and write down thoughtful answers. The only way this will work is if you truly dive deep.
2. Schedule in time with yourself – Call it self care if you will. But you also need to spend time with yourself. Do something that you love! Go to the movies by yourself, take yourself out to dinner, get your nails done or just throw on a face mask and watch some Netflix at home.
In order to not lose that connection with ourselves it’s important to actually make time for ourselves. I challenge you to actually put it in your calendar, some you time.
3. Turn of the technology – I know I literally just said to have a Netflix date with yourself but also, find time to put all your electronics away. Go for a walk without headphones, read a book, draw a picture, do something that doesn’t require technology and stimulates your brain in another way.
If at all possible, tun your TV/phone off at least an hour before bed. This will help you get a better nights sleep as well.
4. Get outside – I know it can be difficult in the colder months but when you can, get outside. Connecting with nature is a great way to ground yourself and get in touch with your roots and in turn, reconnect with yourself.
5. Get in touch with your body – Try a new exercise, go for a run, dance it out, swim! Do something physical! When we tend to do the same things everyday we can become strangers with our own bodies causing there to be a disconnect.
We’re physical beings. We move everyday and often thrive off physical touch. So try something new and fall in love with your body and it’s abilities again.
These are all on the top of my list of things to do when I’m feeling a disconnect with myself. If you find yourself feeling the same way, try out a few of these ideas, you might be surprised how effective they can be.
As always, don’t forget to share this post and follow me on Instagram for daily low waste and mindful living inspiration!