Ah, wedding favours. Always expected and almost always end up in the trash. Me personally, I’m planning on skipping the wedding favours altogether. After all, the best way to save waste on something is to not have that thing.
Read all about the other things I won’t be having at my low waste wedding here. I would urge you to consider skipping them altogether as well. A lot of people will end up forgetting them or throwing them away shortly after anyway. The wedding will be more memorable than the favours, always. That being said, some people still want to have wedding favours and that’s totally fine! Here are some low waste wedding favours to help reduce waste!
Low waste wedding favours:
1. Soap bars – Make them yourself or buy them package free!
2. Flower or plant seeds – A seed packet is a great option! You can even opt for a thank you card on seed paper that you can plant!
3. Homemade candles – See my recipe here, bonus points if you use upcycled glass containers!
4. Succulents – Easy to care for and a cute idea that surely won’t go to waste.
5. Bird seed ornaments – This is a great low waste option because even if it does get left behind or forgotten, it’ll still most likely be found by birds. See the DIY here!
6. Locally sourced honey in glass jars – A great and tasty way to support your community!
7. Homemade jam or preserves – Another easy DIY or way to support local makers in your community.
8. Cookies or baked treats in a glass jar or compostable wrapper – Homemade gifts add such a sweet touch and guests will be more likely to remember to take them home with them.
9. Bulk spices – A little jar with a unique spice blend is the perfect favour!
10. Bookmark – DIY it with your wedding date and a picture of you and your spouse!
11. Bulk coffee grounds – Another great chance to support local or fair trade vendors by getting some bulk grounds or beans and dividing them up into glass jars or compostable baggies.
12. A donation on behalf of them – Instead of a physical gift, why not opt for a donation in their name? It’s thought and creates zero waste!
13. A magnet – A custom-made magnet is a useful gift that your guests will love!
14. A coaster – You could even get custom coasters made! Another useful gift that will be hard to forget to take home.
15. Matches – I’ve actually been to a wedding with matches as the wedding favour and I thought it was such a good idea! Get a small matchbook and have your initials and date printed on it and it’s so cute!
Reducing your waste when it comes to your wedding isn’t that hard. It just takes a little thinking outside of the box. And these low waste wedding favours are just the tip of the iceberg!
Don’t forget to share this post and follow me on Instagram for daily low waste living inspiration!