As soon as it starts to snow I dive headfirst into peppermint everything. Similar to how when October hits, I only consume all things pumpkin spice. What can I say, I’m a seasonal gal.
But I still like to make healthier and chapter versions of things you can get at a coffee shop. Plus, it helps cut back on waste. This is turning out to be a series here on the blog. In the fall I made my simple pumpkin spice creamer and today we’re making simple peppermint mocha syrup!
This syrup is so easy to make and keeps for several weeks in the fridge. So without further ado, let’s get to the recipe!
Simple peppermint mocha syrup:
- 1/2 cup of sugar (I use coconut sugar but regular sugar will do)
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder and water into a pot and bring to a simmer
- Allow to simmer for about 5 minutes. It should start to thicken
- Remove from heat and add in the vanilla and peppermint extract
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks
To make my peppermint mocha I simply add some of the syrup (as much as you want, really!) to a mug and cover it with coffee. After I’ve mixed it, I froth some oat milk creamer and pour it on top! It’s so simple and so delicious!
I hope you try out this amazing simple peppermint mocha syrup to spice up your coffee this holiday season! Please don’t forget to share this post and tag me on Instagram if you try it out!
Leave a Reply