I’ve become such a skin care fanatic over the past year. I’ve found that when my skin is looking good, I tend to feel a lot better about myself. I feel more confident and willing to go makeup free when my skin is on point.
Which is why it’s so important to never miss doing your skin care routine. No matter how tired you might be. Which is why I made my skin care routine as simple as possible.
This post may contain affiliate links. To see my full disclosure, please click here.
- Remove makeup- Never, ever skip this step. This is crucial for keeping a clear complexion. I love my micellar water from Garnier. I’ve used makeup wipes for the majority of my life but once I found this little guy, I’ve never looked back. It removes makeup so gently and effortlessly. Plus it also cleanses.
- Cleanse – Technically you can stop with the micellar waters cleansing but since I’ve been struggling with acne more, I’ve been a fan of double cleansing. I love the body shop’s vitamin E cream cleanser. Vitamin E is super hydrating for the skin and a cream cleanser is just perfect for a night time skin care routine because you don’t need to rinse your face. Just apply it like a lotion and wipe off!
- Tone – Toning is something that was completely brand new to me a few months ago. So i did a little research and decided to go for one of the cult classics I was seeing all over Instagram and Pinterest. Thayers Witch Hazel rose petal toner. And I was not disappointed. This toner is so lovely I can’t say enough good things about it. It’s perfect for all skin tones and it’s alcohol free so it won’t dry out your skin. Plus it leaves your face feeling soft and supple.
- Moisturize – If I ever skip my skin care routine I make sure to NEVER skip moisturizer. I have super dry skin and if I miss even one day my skin gets so flaky and itchy. So, it’s a must. I recently discovered the Garnier moisture rescue refreshing gel cream for dry skin and I fell in love. Which doesn’t happening very easily because my skin is so picky. I love that this is a gel formula because it’s so light and almost water-like. Very gentle but very moisturizing.
- Spot control – If needed. I don’t use this every day but it’s super handy for when I’m getting breakouts or even just a few spots I want taken care of. I use the Neutrogena rapid clear stubborn acne daily leave of mask to tackle, well, stubborn acne. And let me tell you, it works wonders.
And that is my full night time skin care routine. It might seem like a lot of steps but it honestly takes about 5 minutes. Plus, it’s completely transformed my skin.
Don’t forget to share this post on Pinterest! Until next time,