With cold weather fast approaching and snow not too far behind, it’s never too early to get a head start on your winter capsule wardrobe.
Not familiar with capsule wardrobes? Click right here to download your free capsule wardrobe building workbook!
We’re focusing mainly on cozy, versatile pieces you can wear all winter long and be proud to be called an “outfit repeater”!
The best part? All 20 items in this post are ethically and sustainably made meaning you can have confidence that the clothes keeping you warm aren’t warming the planet as well 😉
*This post contains affiliate links meaning I mean earn a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you make a purchase using these links. I only recommend products I love and trust. To see our full disclosure, click here.
Sustainable winter capsule wardrobe:
1. Everlane – the corduroy straight leg crop – The perfect fit of Everlane’s best selling, straight leg crop, these corduroy pants are the perfect pair to rock all fall and winter.
2. Everlane – The 90s cheeky straight leg jean – This denim pant is the perfect combination of loose fitting while still keeping a slim fit making it wonderful for moving around in.
3. Frank & Oak – The Debbie skinny stretch jean in black – With a traditional skinny jean fit, these jeans are made from responsibly grown cotton and used 79% less energy to produce. Meaning they’re uber soft!
4. Azura Bay “Groceries apparel” – organic cotton legging in back – Because let’s face it, cold weather = leggings. What’s better than a sturdy pair of organic cotton leggings to cozy up this winter?
5. Everlane – the cotton box-cut tee – Made from 100% organic cotton, it’s also the most lightweight cotton Everlane could find. Which means it’s perfect for layering.
6. Azura Bay “organic cotton” – White basic t-shirt – Made from GOTS certified organic cotton, this tee is a mid-weight material meaning it’s not see-through! Hooray! It’s higher neckline is perfect for blocking out frigid breezes and layering!
7. Eco Vibe style – Darla waffle knit v-neck– This knitted top is ultra-soft and literally goes with any outfit. The cut is flattering on any body type and is sure to keep you cozy all season long!
8. Kotn – fitted turtleneck in alabaster – Made from natural stretch micro-rib jersey, this top hugs to your body, no matter what!
Sweaters & Cardigans
9. Everlane – cotton long sleeve crew – A modern update to the classic crew silhouette. This sweater is perfect for transitional wear as well as for layering. This piece would look perfect paired over a dress or with a classic pair of denim pants!
10. Liz Alig – Hand knit perry sweater – This long, gorgeous, hand knit sweater pairs perfectly over a pair of leggings for a cozy but super cute look. It’s 100% cotton and dyed naturally by hand.
11. Frank & Oak – Donegal Mock Neck Sweater in Heather spice – This gorgeous chunky knit sweater is the perfect shade of faded orange. And it’s speckled design is sure to be a standout!
12. Eco Vibe style – Brynn sweater in ash rose – The unique shape of this sweater makes it a perfect addition to your winter wardrobe. And it’s beautiful tan color and soft material make it a staple piece!
13. Eco Vibe style – Ava cardigan in mustard– This gorgeous mustard colored cardigan will carry you through fall to winter to spring and around again!
14. Everlane – cotton soft wrap cardigan– Soft is in the name, so you know it’s going to be a staple in your winter wardrobe.
15. Everlane – cocoon coat– Long, neutral and made from wool, this is the only coat you’ll need to get you through the cold, cold winter days ahead.
16. Bhava –aspen hiker boots – Made from Italian vegan leather, these boots are the perfect combination of stylish and practical for trekking through the snow.
17. ABLE – Perez booties– For dressier days or less snowy days these boots are sure to go with any outfit!
18. Everlane – The 90s loafer – Handcrafted in Italy, this 90s inspired loafer is sleek and works amazingly dressed up or down.
19. Kotn – Shirt dress – This dress is THE perfect layering piece for the fall and wintertime. It’s a neutral color and button-up design makes it so versatile.
20. Eco Vibe style – Kaylee high neck bodycon dress – This piece is super versatile as well and flattering on every body!
This winter capsule wardrobe is full of soft, comfy pieces that can mix and match with each other seamlessly to create dozens of outfits all winter long!
Thanks for reading, I hope this inspired your winter wardrobe! Don’t forget to share this post and follow me on Instagram for daily slow fashion and low waste living inspiration!