I seriously fought the idea of needing glasses. (Or should I say eye-dea! Get it??) But after getting glasses, I’m actually in love! Though it did take a little adjusting in the makeup scene. But it was a fun, learning experience playing around and learning how to wear makeup with glasses! So, I thought I’d share with you a few of my favorite tips for makeup with glasses!
- Apply a concealer one to two shades lighter than your skin tone under your eyes in a triangle shape. Glasses can cast a shadow and this will help to brighten your eyes.
- Make sure to define your brows. Use a tinted gel to brush then up and out to create a nice arc that sits right above your frame. You want them to be defined but not too dramatic that they draw attention to themselves.
- Use an eyeshadow primer. (If you don’t usually) Most of your eye makeup will have to be a bit more dramatic in order to be seen. Eyeshadow primer will really make the colors pop.
- Try to keep your shadows neutral or bright. Anything darker than brown can make you look tired beneath the frames.
- Using eyeshadow, make sure to define your crease.
- When it comes to eyeliner follow this rule: The thicker the frame, the thicker the liner. The thinner the frame, the thinner the liner. Of course, you can do whatever you want, but this is just a general rule to keep your eyeliner from being too overpowering.
- Always curl your lashes. This will prevent them from brushing up against your lenses and making them dirty. And it’s just plain annoying.
But the most important thing to remember is to just have fun experimenting with makeup for glasses!
Thank you for reading! Don’t forget to share this post with your friends!
I love these tips! I wear contacts all day til they start to bother me then I put on some glasses. It is always a challenge figuring out makeup especially concealer with that! Some great advice here 😉
Caity Rose says
I know right?I don’t want my masterpiece hidden behind some frames! haha, thanks for reading!